Voluptuous and Delicious

by Julie on September 7, 2010 · 11 comments

Creation

Creation

“God is voluptuous and delicious.” Meister Eckhart

On my recent trip to Ireland, this understanding became more and more clear…that God is indeed voluptuous, delicious, fertile, fecund, and oh so full.

The beauty of Connemara brought me to tears. The skies are wide open. The colors of the land entranced me. The sheer magnitude of the spirit of creation seeped into my cells, showing me the sheer magnitude of what I really am.

Connemara Skies

Connemara Skies

Connemara Colors

Connemara Colors

The Beauty of the Elements

The Beauty of the Elements

The Burren is stark land, and yet in its own way, also delicious. God and Goddess do not discriminate in their fullness.

The Burren

The Burren

The Burren Close-up

The Burren Close-up

Burren Wildflowers

Burren Wildflowers

The ephemeral grows alongside the enduring.

Look at these ancient symbols of the Goddess we saw at the Celtic and Prehistoric Museum on the Dingle Peninsula. This museum was amazing in the artifacts it houses, as well as the sheer humor and delight of the owner, Harris Moore. He dated these artifacts at around 6,000 years old.

The Goddess, according to some, was the way for ancient people to have some kind of understanding of this fecund, voluptuous nature of the creation they lived in.

Ancient Carvings of the Goddess

Ancient Carvings of the Goddess

Many of us learned of God as something more severe, judging and stern. Open your eyes to the voluptuousness of God and Goddess. You don’t have to be in the wild western land of Ireland to experience this aspect of the Divine.

You are this voluptuousness, this deliciousness, this divinity, living and breathing in your female body.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Renae C September 7, 2010 at 11:45 am

Amazing how a few words can totally transform an image. Voluptuous and delicious indeed.

How is it that we so often miss this aspect – and why would we choose only the stern judgment instead? Yet, we do.

Thank you for words and images that reveal new (or old) aspects of my concept of the divine.

Julie September 8, 2010 at 5:26 am

Renae,
Sometimes, I think our minds simply have been conditioned so heavily to see things one way, that we miss the infinite possibilities before our own eyes.
Being in that land, feeling into it was magical. It is so full, so clear and clean. I know this land here, where I am is the same, if I simply be with it, rather than thinking it…
Love,
julie

mrs mediocrity September 7, 2010 at 12:25 pm

The Burren looks magical. My sister went there last year, and she loved it there. I love the option you present here, God as something other than stern, judging and severe. God as life. I like that much better. Thank you.

Julie September 8, 2010 at 5:27 am

Mrs. Mediocrity,
It is pretty amazing land. Made me realize how beauty shows up in so many infinite ways. Yes, God as the Great Mother that births all…
Love,
Julie

Katharine September 7, 2010 at 4:55 pm

Having just returned from five magical and grounding days in my beloved mountains, I concur that “God is alive, magic is afoot” (Leonard Cohen via Buffy Saint Marie) Voluptuous, sensuous, fierce, firm, bold, strong, present….I wrote my poem in today’s post called The Road to Heaven Isn’t Paved. Your beautiful photos are a testament. Blessings to you, Julie.

Julie September 8, 2010 at 5:28 am

Katharine,
I so love that quote. Haven’t heard that one. I’m going to head on over to your post a bit later…thank you for sharing it with us.
And, blessings to you, Katharine.

Square-Peg Karen September 8, 2010 at 6:31 am

Thank you, Julie — thank you!!!

Ray Feight June 23, 2013 at 1:20 am

Eden is our original home.
Eden in Hebrew means “voluptuous pleasures”.
It was where God/Goddess walked with us before we listened
to “knowledge” and surrendered our voluptuousness/oneness
with our Creator. He/she it is whom our soul loves completely
and unashamedly. “Be still, and know – I am God.”

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 3 trackbacks }