Open to Love

by Julie on January 10, 2012 · 11 comments

The Wish Tree.

Somewhere in Noe Valley,

a little neighborly part of San Francisco,

is this wish tree.

All decorated up,

it’s covered with tags filled with people’s wishes.

I came across it this morning and had to stop to read:

“Wishing for your inner light to shine bright.”

“I wish for my teenage daughter and I to get along better.”

“I wish for justice and peace for economic equality.”

“Peace within and in the world.”

“That I have a healthy baby and that this is a healthy and happy pregnancy!”

“I wish to just feel myself again – centered, happy and whole.”

All beautiful wishes.

And then this,

I wish...

This is my wish, too.

You?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Kristin Noelle January 10, 2012 at 4:34 pm

All of these wishes are so beautiful!
I wish to make peace with life’s mystery…to feel less frantic about wanting to understand more.

Julie January 10, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Kristin, What a beautiful wish…to make peace with life’s mystery…I was just desiring that today. thank you.

Cheryl Dolan January 10, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Many of my fondest memories are of Noe Valley and my baby girl was born while we lived there. Having recently visited this post makes me wish I could go back to that time – just for a visit. Thank you Julie for the opportunity. xo

Julie January 10, 2012 at 10:01 pm

How beautiful, Cheryl. Love you.

rachael maddox January 10, 2012 at 5:37 pm

so beautiful, julie. i wish for thousands of things, daily. right now, i wish to use my body as an instrument for expression. and to invite others to join. … and i wish to be at peace with the wars in the world–micro & macro–while simultaneously, working for peace.

i love you.

Julie January 10, 2012 at 10:03 pm

absolutely beautiful wishes. reading these wishes was so heart opening.
i love you, too.

Kate January 11, 2012 at 8:01 am

Today I wish for peace in the heart of a friend that can’t seem to find happiness.

Lynn / Power Chicks January 11, 2012 at 10:23 am

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you, Julie!

Merry ME January 11, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I want to make a wish tree. I live in Florida where it rains a lot. How could I keep wishes from being washed away?

Love this post. I will be back!

Melissa January 11, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I really really love these secrets. I will definitely be checking them out more frequently. These kind of reminds me of a blog one of my friends started, wonderfullyawoman.wordpress.com where women share their stories anonymously through words and/or pictures. So a bit longer than this but is still a form of expression.

Noel January 16, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I’m just gonna say “ditto,” because that picture took my breath away and I can’t get any other words out.